A LETTER TO 21 YEAR OLD ME

blog

Dear future me,

First of all, I cannot believe that you’re twenty-one in a year and a half, I need a moment to process this, oh my! I feel like you need to partake in more ‘Skins’ style adventures before your teenage years are over, but maybe that’s just not you.

I hope that you’re able to drive pretty well by now, maybe you’ve been on a few roads trips, have you drove down to Brighton? as I know you’ve wanted to visit there for quite a while. Did you pass your driving test the first time? You should have done as you’re getting progressing quite well at the moment, you drove around your first big roundabout today (11th January 2017). Have you still got the same first car? How do you find it to drive?

Second of all, you better still be blogging! You’re loving the creative freedom that it gives you, how it gives you the ability to express anything that’s on your mind, maybe even help others with it too. Yes Bryony, I know life gets busy but you’re always able to find the time, I hope you’ve remembered that. Have you become self-hosted? You’ve been thinking about it at the moment but you wanted to create more content first, content that resembles you.

I hope that you’ve gone and explored a new country as right now the only place you’ve visited is Portugal; that’s cool but you want to see more of the world, even if it is only as far as France or Amsterdam. Have you gone on a super exciting travelling trip, maybe Philippines, New Zealand or Australia? If not, are you planning a trip? You better be, these countries would be a once in a lifetime experience.

Career-wise, how are you getting on? At the moment you’re just about to start another traineeship to be an outdoor instructor, y’know archery, kayaking and all that. Have you got the qualifications you wanted from it like your climbing wall award? Has it helped you gain even more confidence? In 2016 you really came out of your shell, again well done for that. Are you still working at the same centre? Or have you had a change of heart completely about what you want to do? No matter what you’ve decided to do, I hope that you’re still happy and you’re enjoying it.

Oh, I almost forgot to ask, how’s your guitar playing coming along? Remember that song ‘let her go’ by Passenger, you’ve just learnt to play that, and it’s pretty impressive. What other songs have you learnt to play? Please please, tell me you’ve mastered bar chords? You keep putting off playing songs which contain them, just practice and you’ll get there. I keep meaning to learn more strumming songs, rather than artsy picky ones so that people can sing along and we can have a jam; I hope you’ve done that. Maybe you’ve played round a campfire too?

Most importantly I really do hope that you’re still happy, doing what you love and enjoying life. I can’t wait to see what new challenges you’ve come across and where you are now.

Love

19 ½ year old me

18 responses to “A LETTER TO 21 YEAR OLD ME”

1. Zoe Jackson says:

What a beautiful letter. I hope all you aspire will come before you turn 21. It’s a great age, I felt such a sense of adulthood when I turned 21 🙂

2. Kimberly says:

I really love the idea of this post! X

3. Georgia says:

This is such a good idea! Its such a good thing to look back on!

Georgia x

4. Alice says:

Aww I love the concept of this post! Good luck with everything, and definitely make sure you make time to travel- would recommend south-east Asia!

5. Amy says:

This is such a cute idea for a post, I love it!

Amy x

6. I absolutely love this. (Also – you blog design is SO CUTE i love it) x I feel you on the “need more Skins type adventures, but maybe that’s not you”

7. It’s a beautiful post. I really love the idea. Writing a post to my younger self could be nice… just to tell her to stop worrying for nothing and that she’ll have great fun at uni although not everything will be pink and shiny… but that’spart of life. xx Corinne from Corinne & Kirsty

8. Love this post! It is such a cute idea, I remember doing a post to my younger self, but one to your older self sounds great! Lovely to read what you plan and hope to achieve! I hope you achieve it all and so much more x

9. Claire says:

This is soooo cute! I can’t wait to come back to this in a year and a half’s time and see your “dear my 19 and a half year old self” post in reply to this. I hope you get to have a jam with your friends and enjoy being an activity instructor x

Claire | clairesyear.com

10. Alisha Ceit says:

This is such a great post. I hope you are still happy and enjoying life when you are 21 too! x

11. That’s so lovely! I feel like I should have done this, but it’s only three months away now 🙈 x

12. Love this! I really need to write one for myself! X

13. I love this! I wish I would have written a letter to myself when I turn 21. It does give me inspiration to write one to myself for when I turn 30.

XOXO
    Jordan
    Sweetsandmascara.com

14. Sophia Leigh says:

This is so cute! Here’s hoping you reach your goals by 21!🎉 x

15. Elin says:

I love this, such a good post💓

16. I loved this idea of writing a letter to your future self! I’m definitely going to do it(: