I heard on Social Media a few weeks ago that Barry M had released their first ever liquid lipsticks and it was getting damn amazing feedback. So when I passed Boots on my travels I thought it would only be right for me to pop in and pick up a couple of shades, the ones I chose were ‘Minimalist’ and ‘On The Scene’. I was super excited to try them out, could these be some brilliant dupes for high-end products?

When I was heading to the Barry M makeup stand I had no idea of what colours the liquid lipstick came in, to my surprise even though it’s just launched there’s a colour for every occasion. There’s nude pink, brown nude, purple, coral pink and red, for the price of £4.99, I was starting to think that it’s a HUGE BARGAIN! I was falling in love with Barry M, thank you for providing affordable lipsticks so I can fund my obsession.

I thought the packaging was still pretty sophisticated for a drugstore product, especially the ‘lip kit’ box.  It’s one that you want to put on the front of your makeup stand, you want to show it off. The only reason I opted not to buy the whole lip kit was because I just don’t tend to use lipliners, I have small lips, therefore, I find just lipstick does the job for me.

I’d noticed that when I swatched the product on my hand the formula was very liquidy, making me a little worried it wasn’t going to dry to become as matte as I’d like it. When I applied it on my lips it was a little tricky due to the wet formula, I wanted as little lipstick on the applicator as possible.

1 MINUTE AFTER APPLYING THE LIQUID LIPSTICK –  to my surprise it was incredibly matte, pretty much on par with my ‘Too Faced – Melted Matte’, AMAZING!

I don’t have a specific length of time it takes for it to wear off, it differs depending what you’re eating, drinking and doing throughout your day. I can say that I went out for a meal the other night, had a diet coke and a burger and it was still on afterwards, I can also have a couple of cuppa tea’s and it’s still on my lips after that. From this, I’d say ‘Matte Me Up’ stays on pretty damn well, in my opinion, it’s the best you’ll currently find in a drugstore!

Top shade: Minimalist   Bottom Shade: On The Scene

YES, I DEFIANTLY WOULD! I’m already eyeing up buying a red ‘Matte Me’; it would be perfect for occasions and nights out and I’m pretty sure it would last most of the night!

Have you tried Barry M’s liquid lipstick before, if so what did you think of it? or has this post persuaded you to go out and try this product? I’d love to know!

1. xmeganlisa says:

These sound like great dupes for higher end products! Definitely think I’ll need to take a trip to boots and give them a try x

2. Wooow. I am dying to try them. They look sooo good👍🏻💕

3. I have been seeing these everywhere at the moment! I really need to pick the nude shades up they look so pretty! Great post girly xx

4. Cam says:

Ahh i love this post! So detailed:) i love the colors you got too! Great post xx

5. Those shades look great! Such pretty nudes x

Morgan //

6. CiaraTone says:

I love the shades,they will suit a lot of different makeup looks 🙂

7. corinneandkirsty says:

These look sooo good! And for £4.99 I definitely need to get my hands on a few when I go back to the UK! Sorry NYX :p

8. Robyn says:

I haven’t heard of this product before but they look incredible quality for such a cheap price! Great review lovely, I will definitely be checking them out.
    Robyn //

9. I found these lipsticks sooo runny that I accidentally spilled one of them everywhere 😩 loved the post though xx

10. I was so impressed with the colour range too! Yet to try any, but those two look amazing so will be heading to boots tomorrow! ❤

11. Della says:

Ooh I need to try these!! Fab review and images lovely xx

12. Kirsty M says:

These have been popping up everywhere lately! I definitely need to pick one up myself and see what they’re like 🙂

13. They sound great! Will keep my eye out for these!
    Sam xox

14. lolitambonita says:

I havent tried it but I do love Barry M products! I will definately consider these when looking for new lip goodies! X
    Lola Mia //

These sound amazing! I’ll definitely have to grab myself some shades next time I’m in Boots :).

Ellie Xx |

16. Jess says:

I had no idea these were finally out omg!! And they’re so cheap that’s crazy- definitely a competitor for NYX. I can’t wait to get my hands on Minimalist because your swatch looks so gorgeous xo

17. Every time I’ve gone into my local boots they’ve been sold out 😩 I’m determined to get my hands on them one day though haha!

18. I’ll have to check these out! I have a few products from Barry M ❤

19. Sophie says:

I love the Barry M Matte Liquid Lipsticks, I have one of the lip kits and I really want to try more! 🙂

20. Lizzie Bee says:

Oooh this sounds amazing! I love Barry M’s nail varnish, and I’m excited to try out their liquid lipsticks as I loved Too Faced’s ones.

21. I have never tried Barry M before, never heard of it! But this is interesting to read and know for the future. I’m not a big lipstick person but I do like to try new products from time to time!

22. I’ve been dying to get my hands on these , I really need to try them soon cf

23. Sophie says:

I’ve seen these about but haven’t picked them up yet, but after reading this they do sound pretty good. Been looking for a matte lip product as well, lovely post xx

Sophie’s Spot

24. Gracie says:

Love liquid lipsticks, would really like to give these a go. Think I need to have a thorough look at the stands because I never seem to see them 🙂

25. I love the look of minimalist! It looks like a lonely pinky nude shade. I’m yet to try these out but i think I’ll go get one after seeing your swatches. They sound like they’ve good lasting power. Thanks for the comment about how liquidy they are, I’ll be carefully putting it on!
    PaleGirlRambling xo

26. altspeaking says:

Sounds like these are worth trying!!! Thanks for sharing this with us!

27. Roberta says:

I want to try them. I think they have a good quality

28. I really want to try these! Going to have a look at them online now xx