6 WAYS TO SUPPORT FELLOW BLOGGERS

IMG_3590

I started my blog almost a year ago now. When it first began my biggest viewer was my boyfriend when I sent him a link saying ‘LOOK AT THIS NEW POST’. It was enough to get me started, I enjoyed having my own creative space on the internet, in fact, I’ll always enjoy that, however, the engagement has progressed now. I’ve been using Twitter, Instagram and Facebook groups to promote my posts and to chatter with other bloggers, it’s helped SO much, interaction has gone way UP and I’ve made some lovely pals. In fact, I’d say it’s pretty hard to get your blog out there without the help of social media sites, they’re a bloggers best pal. This is why it’s important to utilise them correctly to support your favourite bloggers, so they feel appreciated, so they keep making content, so the community as a whole is made more positive.

I thought I’d share with you six ways that I believe are the best to support those bloggers you adore!

It’s great to share fellow bloggers posts on social media, the easiest way to do so is by a tweet/ re-tweet. If you’re not sure what to write in a tweet about their post you can simply re-tweet one of their tweets that announce their new post blog, how long does that take, 2 seconds? It’s something we all should do. I try to aim to re-tweet other bloggers at least 3 times a day, but I want to share even more.

Again it’s an obvious one. The point I’d like to leave here is, leave meaningful comments that show you’ve read the post and taken the writers thoughts into consideration. For example, don’t comment saying you love the product ‘TOO’ when the writer has spent the whole post talking about how they don’t like the product, makes you look silly, plus NO support to the blogger. Take time to read their post and leave a message, if you don’t want to read the post then also don’t comment. simple really.

Drop them a simple follow on their blog or their supporting social media, it shows your support to them plus then you see their updates, WINNER, WINNER. Please don’t follow with the intentions to unfollow though, it’ll dishearten the blogger, show true support by sticking by them.

COMMUNICATE

This is one of the more broad topics, you can communicate with fellow bloggers in such a huge variety of ways. I’ll name a few, send them a DM, tweet them, join a blogger whats app group, join a comment pod, join in twitter chats, direct message on Instagram, there’s still loads more that I haven’t mentioned. I see many tweets from bloggers asking of anyone wants to join chats to make friends so keep your eyes pealed or tweet out yourself.

RECOMMEND

Getting recommended is just a nice feeling, it’ll make the blogger feel all warm and fuzzy inside, how cute! One way of recommending that I LOVE seeing is when bloggers write posts such as ‘BLOG POSTS I’M LOVING’ and ‘BLOGS YOU SHOULD READ’, I love finding new blogs to read and this is such a good way to do so. I’m currently planning to do an ‘Blog Posts you should read from October’ with a few posts that have really inspired me this month, keep your eyes peeled! OH OH, you can also recommend bloggers to companies. For example, if you’ve received at opportunity from a brand and you’re unable to except it due to it not fitting the style of your blog, you could always recommend another blogger who you think may be interested. What a fab idea, ay?

PURCHASE

I’m sure that you’re aware that some bloggers have Etsy shops which they advertise on their blog or they sell blog header, media kits etc which they’ve personally made. They’ve put in a lot of time, hard work and effort into their products so having a quick browse over their site, telling them what you love and maybe making a purchase, if you can afford it, you be a massive help and thank you to them.

Are there any other ways of supporting bloggers that you can think of? I’d love to hear in the comments.

39 responses to “6 WAYS TO SUPPORT FELLOW BLOGGERS”

1. This is a great post and a great reminder to always support fellow bloggers! I could do a better job sharing and re-tweeting peoples posts but I definitely try and comment, follow, recommend and engage them as much as I can! Thanks for sharing! xo

2. Love, Soph says:

I think this is such a nice and unique post!! I always try my best to RT other bloggers whenever I can as I’m always active on twitter, and I also made a blog rt account (@EveryBlogRT) to spread the love around bloggers and stop the selectivity that some RT accounts have. Lovely post xx

3. I agree with you all through this post!! Instagram is my biggest enemy yet my platform I use the most. Many people follow then unfollow! Nightmare! Twitter lately has been an absolutely godsend!! So many supportive bloggers! It’s so nice to help each other out and hopefully people continue. Keep up the good work! 💞

4. This is such an insightful post. As a new blogger myself, it’s so lovely to see support being spread around the community and understanding how I can support other bloggers. Thank you so much for articulating this!

5. chloeluye says:

I’ve really enjoyed reading this origins post, it’s the first post I’ve seen talking about something like this! I love commenting or messaging bloggers to let them know I like their content, and it’s such a confidence boost receiving messages like that too!

6. caitlincx says:

Yesss!! Commenting is important. Fab post ☺️

7. This is so important for us as a community, so thank you for highlighting this. I started just this week and really appreciate all the support and love I get on my blog, so I think it’s good to find out ways I can return the favour!

8. great post and about time someone wrote something along these lines 🙂

9. Awh there’s so much positivity in this post, you’re absolutely right with all these points. Speaking of which, I’m just going to tweet this post right now! xx

Janelle | thenellybean.com

10. I’ve enjoyed this! Fellow blogger as well! Xx

11. This was such a positive post. More bloggers should read this!! X

12. Thank you!! This is really helpful. Isn’t building relationships and investing in fellow bloggers so much better than “thx follow for follow?” I should probably do some “Blogs I’m Reading” too. Awesome advice!

13. Abi Says says:

This was all so accurate, I love being able to support other bloggers through various things, I thought I’d let you know I’ve nominated you for the Liebster Award over on my blog ☺️ I adore your blog & writing ☺️❤️

14. This is such a great post idea, every time I see someone on my twitter promoting a post that I enjoyed reading, then I make sure to RT! I know how happy it makes me to get support from others too!x

15. Loved reading this! I also HATE it when people follow and unfollow… Also, leaving comments is such a good way to suport other bloggers and who knows even make friends! xx

16. Jade J says:

These tips are great. I do try to share, comment and follow any blog I come across just to show my fellow blogger their effort won’t go unnoticed xx

17. Steph says:

Yay I love this! Your right too, it is good to comment 😉

18. akaushiva says:

Can’t be saying this enough. It so important for bloggers to support each other. Read, comment and share – be part of a community and grow together.

Aditi

19. This is such a good post! Supporting other bloggers is something I want to do more of now that I’ve relaunched and found my passion for blogging again, maybe not so much purchasing, I mean there’s only so much spending my bank can take, but definitely sharing and commenting are things I’m finding myself doing more of now that I’m not hiding away hating my blog x

Jamie-Leigh x x
    http://www.officiallyjamieleigh.com x x

20. Great post! Supporting other bloggers is so important and I always feel happy when people support me and my blog. Xx

21. These things may seem so little but mean so much, especially to newbie bloggers. I get excited at every new follower, like and comment etc.

22. Jess Louise says:

This is such a lovely post. I think everyone should support each other, after all we are all in the same boat and have all started somewhere! Thank you for sharing this, I really enjoyed reading it 😊 Xx

23. tjash says:

Love this post! I think less and less bloggers want to support other (smaller/new) bloggers. It’s nice to see people actually doing it without wanting anything back!! Xx

24. editbyellie says:

Really informative but well written post, so helpful – i defo need to engage more with other bloggers. Also loving your banner illustration, really cute!

25. sm00chezzz says:

This is great. Thanks for sharing with us. Would love your feedback on my new post https://lovelifetruthsite.wordpress.com/blog/

26. Judanna says:

Yes I love this post! It’s the nicest feeling to get when someone acknowledges your blog, so I love being able to provide that feeling for other people too!!x