DECEMBER REFLECTION

20.jpg

I feel like I’ve achieved a lot personally this month, I’ve accomplished goals that I didn’t think I would. At least not by this moment in time. I can tell you for sure that I’m walking out of December SUPER proud of myself and very content with life, GO ME!

Let’s start from the beginning,

In April I am due to finish my training year as an outdoor instructor, this meant that the time had come for me to interview for the instructor role. I knew I had tried my hardest through-out the whole year, to improve my personal skills, to gain qualifications and to become a better whole round individual. In my mind I was thinking ‘what will be, will be’ but I wanted it SO much!

I found out 3 days after the Interview that I had been offered the job, I’m totally over the moon as all my hard work has paid off. Knowing that I now have job stability for at least the next year is a big weight off my shoulders, also it means I can now focus on something else I want to do, LEARN TO DRIVE.

If you’ve been following me on Twitter for a while you may be aware that I took 20 or so driving lessons at the start of the year. I was progressing well however I wanted to change instructors so I stopped lessons with the current driving instructor then my money went to other places and lessons stopped altogether. UNTIL NOW. I have my first driving lesson with my new instructor on the 20th of December and i’m so excited to be driving again, I’m at the point where I need a license and I need freedom. I’ve told myself I’m not stopping lessons again, I’m sticking at it until all the tests are passed and I can officially drive.

The thought of having my own car and driving myself around next year excites me more than I can explain!!!!

This December I set myself the personal challenge of doing Blogmas, a blog post every day from December 1st to the 25th. I think I’d underestimated how time consuming and difficult it would be, I knew it wouldn’t be easy but I thought I could still find the time. By the start of December I had around 17 posts drafted, however,  there were some little bits that needed tweaking and some pictures that still needed to be taken.

In the end, I posted everyday up until the 6th December and then a post every few days after that. Life just got a bit HECTIC, I had that job interview I was stressing about and no word of a lie I spent a good few evening coming up with interview question answers. My head just wasn’t in a place to want to be promoting my posts on social media, I thought if my heart isn’t totally in it that day, I’ll give that day a miss. The post will still go live, just another date. Overall, I managed 11 posts this December, I’m proud of that, I’m even more proud that I’m happy with the content in every one of those posts.

In other news, I had an absolutely fantastic Christmas time! It included many lovely presents, visiting family I don’t see often and SO much delicious food, I’m pretty sure I’ve eaten enough for the whole of January too.

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas time and a good start to the new year!

1. January 2, 2018 / 5:01 pm

Blogging daily during December is tough! There’s so many other things going on with the holidays.

2. January 3, 2018 / 8:04 pm

Wow you have certainly had a lot going on! Congrats and good luck in your new job ❤️

• bbbryony
      Author
      January 3, 2018 / 8:05 pm

3. January 4, 2018 / 5:14 pm

You should be so proud of yourself! What a busy month, congratulations on the job, it’s so exciting! Good luck with the driving, I finally passed this year and I’m so relieved!
    Hels xx

• bbbryony
      Author
      January 4, 2018 / 5:15 pm

aw thank you so much, I had another lesson today and I’m getting there slowly! OH WELL DONE! X

4. January 4, 2018 / 5:16 pm

I’m so so proud of you Bry, because driving on your own in your new car, it’s pretty exciting. Im going to take my tests in a couple of months, I’m nervous about it. Congrats on your new job! xx

Caroline
    littlewritingworld.wordpress.com

5. January 4, 2018 / 5:19 pm

Congrats on your new job and good luck! You have been super busy. Well done trying daily, I would love to but struggle being a working mummy to do a post a week xx

Stacey | SimplyStacey.co.uk

6. January 4, 2018 / 5:22 pm

Congratulations on the job! No wonder Blogmas was a bit too much – you had so much going on! It’s great that you managed to get the 11 posted. Looks like 2018 is off to a great start for you – long may it continue!

7. January 4, 2018 / 5:25 pm

You had so much going on! Congrats on the job! I hope the driving will go well! xx corinne

8. January 4, 2018 / 5:36 pm

I love reflecting on the year in December too I did blogmas last year but it was really difficult. I luckily managed to get most of the posts written before December, which made it a lot easier. Congratulations on getting the job!

Steph x
    stephhannam.wordpress.com

9. January 4, 2018 / 5:37 pm

Wow! Sounds like a busy month Bryony! You still did amazingly well with Blogmas, you posted way more than I did, it definitely was a hectic challenge! All the best with your driving and hope you have a fabulous year! <3 xx

Bexa | http://www.hellobexa.com

• bbbryony
      Author
      January 4, 2018 / 6:58 pm

aw thank you so much, I hope you have a good year too x

10. January 4, 2018 / 5:46 pm

Bravo 👏🏽I think you’re managed a great balance especially throughout the month of December! I wish you the best of luck with your driving, I know you can pass it!

xx Lena | https://lenadeexo.com

11. January 4, 2018 / 5:56 pm

I honestly don’t know how people do blogmas! I promised myself I would post 4 times a week this month and already that’s A LOT!
    Congrats on your job, it’s so important to have this stability and wants you have it, as you said, it’s a big weight of your shoulders.
    I’m glad you had such a good month, I’m sure this one will be even better!

Sil x

12. January 4, 2018 / 5:57 pm

I think you’ve done extraordinarily well and you should really be proud of keeping up blogmas like you did, it’s definitely not easy to maintain and you did have a lot going on. Congratulations on the job and all the best in getting your drivers 😁 #TeacupClub

Shevy

• bbbryony
      Author
      January 4, 2018 / 6:57 pm

Thank you so much, I might attempt Blogmas again next year and see if I can do it all then x

13. January 4, 2018 / 6:54 pm

Congratulations on the new job! Sounds like you had a really lovely Christmas. I hope you have had a lovely start to the New Year as well (:

Alys / alysgeorge.blogspot.co.uk

14. January 5, 2018 / 8:29 pm

This is such a positive and lovely post to read! Congratulations on your job, I hope it all goes well for you 🙂
    I hope 2018 is an amazing year for you <3

15. January 5, 2018 / 9:32 pm

My 2018 mission is to learn to drive, at 28 I really think it’s about time! eleven blog posts is pretty darn impressive, I only manage one a week if that so to get 11 out in just one month is fab. Congratulations on your new job, sounds like a pretty good foundation of achievements to set you up for this years! xx

16. January 6, 2018 / 3:40 pm

Great post and interesting to read.I had to change driving instructors too. Mine was a right twazock. Told me not to call the fire briade when there was a building ON FIRE in the industrial estate we were practising in. I told him that next time his house is on fire I promise to drive on by but for this I’m ringing 999.
    Sorry for the little rant!
    Love Penny x