I feel like I’ve achieved a lot personally this month, I’ve accomplished goals that I didn’t think I would. At least not by this moment in time. I can tell you for sure that I’m walking out of December SUPER proud of myself and very content with life, GO ME!

Let’s start from the beginning,

In April I am due to finish my training year as an outdoor instructor, this meant that the time had come for me to interview for the instructor role. I knew I had tried my hardest through-out the whole year, to improve my personal skills, to gain qualifications and to become a better whole round individual. In my mind I was thinking ‘what will be, will be’ but I wanted it SO much!

I found out 3 days after the Interview that I had been offered the job, I’m totally over the moon as all my hard work has paid off. Knowing that I now have job stability for at least the next year is a big weight off my shoulders, also it means I can now focus on something else I want to do, LEARN TO DRIVE.

If you’ve been following me on Twitter for a while you may be aware that I took 20 or so driving lessons at the start of the year. I was progressing well however I wanted to change instructors so I stopped lessons with the current driving instructor then my money went to other places and lessons stopped altogether. UNTIL NOW. I have my first driving lesson with my new instructor on the 20th of December and i’m so excited to be driving again, I’m at the point where I need a license and I need freedom. I’ve told myself I’m not stopping lessons again, I’m sticking at it until all the tests are passed and I can officially drive.

The thought of having my own car and driving myself around next year excites me more than I can explain!!!!

This December I set myself the personal challenge of doing Blogmas, a blog post every day from December 1st to the 25th. I think I’d underestimated how time consuming and difficult it would be, I knew it wouldn’t be easy but I thought I could still find the time. By the start of December I had around 17 posts drafted, however,  there were some little bits that needed tweaking and some pictures that still needed to be taken.

In the end, I posted everyday up until the 6th December and then a post every few days after that. Life just got a bit HECTIC, I had that job interview I was stressing about and no word of a lie I spent a good few evening coming up with interview question answers. My head just wasn’t in a place to want to be promoting my posts on social media, I thought if my heart isn’t totally in it that day, I’ll give that day a miss. The post will still go live, just another date. Overall, I managed 11 posts this December, I’m proud of that, I’m even more proud that I’m happy with the content in every one of those posts.

In other news, I had an absolutely fantastic Christmas time! It included many lovely presents, visiting family I don’t see often and SO much delicious food, I’m pretty sure I’ve eaten enough for the whole of January too.

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas time and a good start to the new year!

21 responses to “DECEMBER REFLECTION”

1. Blogging daily during December is tough! There’s so many other things going on with the holidays.

2. Melanie says:

Wow you have certainly had a lot going on! Congrats and good luck in your new job ❤️

3. Hels says:

You should be so proud of yourself! What a busy month, congratulations on the job, it’s so exciting! Good luck with the driving, I finally passed this year and I’m so relieved!
    Hels xx

4. Caroline says:

I’m so so proud of you Bry, because driving on your own in your new car, it’s pretty exciting. Im going to take my tests in a couple of months, I’m nervous about it. Congrats on your new job! xx

5. Congrats on your new job and good luck! You have been super busy. Well done trying daily, I would love to but struggle being a working mummy to do a post a week xx

Stacey |

6. Lindsey says:

Congratulations on the job! No wonder Blogmas was a bit too much – you had so much going on! It’s great that you managed to get the 11 posted. Looks like 2018 is off to a great start for you – long may it continue!

7. You had so much going on! Congrats on the job! I hope the driving will go well! xx corinne

8. sounds like you had a great month, well done on getting the job lovely xx

9. I love reflecting on the year in December too I did blogmas last year but it was really difficult. I luckily managed to get most of the posts written before December, which made it a lot easier. Congratulations on getting the job!

Steph x

10. Bexa says:

Wow! Sounds like a busy month Bryony! You still did amazingly well with Blogmas, you posted way more than I did, it definitely was a hectic challenge! All the best with your driving and hope you have a fabulous year! <3 xx

Bexa |

11. Lena Dee says:

Bravo 👏🏽I think you’re managed a great balance especially throughout the month of December! I wish you the best of luck with your driving, I know you can pass it!

xx Lena |

12. I honestly don’t know how people do blogmas! I promised myself I would post 4 times a week this month and already that’s A LOT!
    Congrats on your job, it’s so important to have this stability and wants you have it, as you said, it’s a big weight of your shoulders.
    I’m glad you had such a good month, I’m sure this one will be even better!

Sil x

13. I think you’ve done extraordinarily well and you should really be proud of keeping up blogmas like you did, it’s definitely not easy to maintain and you did have a lot going on. Congratulations on the job and all the best in getting your drivers 😁 #TeacupClub

14. Alys says:

Congratulations on the new job! Sounds like you had a really lovely Christmas. I hope you have had a lovely start to the New Year as well (:

Alys /

15. Charlotte says:

This is such a positive and lovely post to read! Congratulations on your job, I hope it all goes well for you 🙂
    I hope 2018 is an amazing year for you <3

16. My 2018 mission is to learn to drive, at 28 I really think it’s about time! eleven blog posts is pretty darn impressive, I only manage one a week if that so to get 11 out in just one month is fab. Congratulations on your new job, sounds like a pretty good foundation of achievements to set you up for this years! xx

17. Penny says:

Great post and interesting to read.I had to change driving instructors too. Mine was a right twazock. Told me not to call the fire briade when there was a building ON FIRE in the industrial estate we were practising in. I told him that next time his house is on fire I promise to drive on by but for this I’m ringing 999.
    Sorry for the little rant!
    Love Penny x