January feels like it’s been the longest month ever; it’s only had one extra day than some other months but blimey it goes on forever. It’s also been the month of ‘let’s smash your goals’ as the first month of the year always is, I’m pretty damn happy with some little achievements I’ve already had. Here’s a run-down on the highlights and lowlights of my month:
- I finally reached 3,000 on Instagram which is a crazy number, I feel a little overwhelmed with support.
- I don’t worry about my stats too much like I’ve said before they aren’t the be all or end all however when I get a good day it still fills me with happiness. This January, by the 14th I had reached the same amount of views I’d had in the whole of December; I did take a week off in December due to the busy festivities however it still makes me feel like my blog is being appreciated and I love that.
- I finally booked my driving theory test for Friday 26th January, I’ve been doing lots of revision to the point where I’m now passing every mock I’m doing. Fingers crossed!
- I finished my first book of the year which was ‘Secrets Of The Mad’ by Dodie Clark. If you’ve watched Dodie’s videos, read her Instagram captions or followed her on social media, I would defiantly recommend this as it gives you a deeper insight into her thoughts and life. I also found it helped me understand the meaning behind her songs and they suddenly became a whole lot more powerful when I listened to them.
- I got Invited to my FIRST BLOG EVENT! I thought I was about 5 years, if ever, from this happening, I couldn’t believe it. However, it just so happened it’s on an extremely busy week of work so I’m not able to attend, which is such a shame. I’m still so grateful for the invite and overwhelmed that a company has liked my little blog enough to invite me to an event.
- I’M GETTING SLIGHTLY BETTER AT ROUNDABOUTS!
- I ONLY WENT AND PASSED MY THEORY TEST, I’m so over the moon about this; somehow I managed to get 47/50 on the multiple choice questions and 64/75 on the hazard perception videos.
- I did an ace parallel park, another driver that was watching was clearly thinking ‘what a fab learner, not a single mistake’.
LESS GOOD POINTS
- One of my days at work included me painting the underneath of a big wooden sailing boat in a runny waterproof blue paint and I didn’t think far enough ahead to tie my hair back. I bet you’ve guessed where this is going…yes, I did get the disgusting blue paint on the ends of my hair. I scrubbed it and scrubbed it and washed it and it was there for the long haul, the only way to get it out was to chop it. I cut the little bit of blue out myself, yes it did look all wonky so I booked myself a hairdressers appointment for the next morning to get it sorted out. The only positive about this was that my hair was in desperate need to a trim anyway so only the split ends were taken off and I’m a lot happier now as my hair is a whole heap healthier.
- I’ve been getting stressed more than usual, there’s nothing, in particular, causing it, expect work a little bit but hey ho I can work on that. Due to this the book ‘Get Your S**T Together’ by Sarah Knight has been added to my to-read list.
What’ve been your highlights from this month, has anything really exciting happened for you?