I’m really not the most organised of people. I like to procrastinate by doing lots of other bits and bobs before I start the task I need to do. For example, when I open my laptop to write a blog post I think ‘oh I need a cuppa first’ then I think ‘I’ll check my twitter for 5 mins’. I bet you’ve guessed where this is going…before I know it 5 minutes has turned into 2 hours and all my motivation has gone. I’m putting a stop to this now. It makes me feel one hundred times better about myself when I’mย productive so that’s what twenty eighteen me is going to be.

I’ve been thinking about ways I can change my habits to allow myself to get more done and I’ve come up with five main ways to achieve this:

I recently won a giveaway hosted by the lovely @_jessheard on Twitter, as part of the prize I received a mini happiness planner. The planner is so adorable, it comes with rose-gold stickers of the names of the months, a pretty design page at the start of every new month and bright colours.

It’s inspired me to actually keep a yearly diary this year; one that I actually use and carry around in my rucksack everywhere. This will work so much better than just using the notes on my phone that I always forgot to check.

I always find myself creating a little mental to-do list in my mind, the only issue with this is there is always one thing I forget to do. I think by actually writing down what I’ve got to do and ticking it off when I’ve done it, it’ll make me more productive. I’ll be able to see the progress I’m making so it should inspire me to do the boring jobs such as put away the washing as then I can do something more exciting like taking blog pictures.

I’m getting a lot better at this one. I try not to upload a blog post as soon as I’ve written it, as I usually peak for a couple of days then I have 9/10 days where nothing gets written. I try to save my blog posts up, I currently have 13 blog posts pre-written, some I like more than others so they may not all see the light of day but it takes the pressure off and allows me to create more freely. This should also help when life gets a bit chaotic, I’ll have content I love to keep my blog up and running instead of rushing posts because I feel like I need to post, then later coming back to it picking out errors.

This one speaks for itself, adding bright colours and stickers to a to-do list, notebook, the diary will instantly catch your attention more and make it more exciting. I’m all for that as everything in twenty eighteen is going to be bright and full of happiness.

Everything can become too much at points and it’s okay to say I’ll put it down for a few days, forcing yourself to create when your head isn’t in it is a mission that isn’t worth it. Be kind to yourself, take tea breaks, go away for a weekend, take a day trip to the beach, whatever you need.

How are you getting organised this year? I’d love to know as I could always do with a few more tips.

1. I’ve been trying to do more to-do lists, slowly im starting to become more productive!!

2. Zara says:

I love writing lists, I have started a colour coding scheme in my diary as well to see what things are taking up most of my time and if I should re-allocate some time to others! I currently divide by Uni, Sport, Blog and Social and it’s been super helpful so far! x

3. Agota says:

Writing to do list is really helpful when you want to be organized. Just knowin what you have to do makes you more productive and achieving more!

4. Abbie says:

I am massively trying to be organised this year and keeping a diary and doing to do lists is a massive help for me! I also find making things look pretty and adding colour makes everything easier!
    Abbie X /

5. Sophia Whitham says:

To do lists are my everything as is my Google calendar. Don’t know what I’d do without them x

Sophia x

6. Jade says:

Iโ€™m a huge lover of lists! ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ I actually have lists of lists and lists of lists I need to make…๐Ÿ™ˆ x

I definitely need to learn to take more breaks! X

8. Tia Teilli says:

Staying organized is so important… my planner is my best friend! ๐Ÿ˜‚ Great post!

9. Melanie says:

To do lists are my life – without them nothing in my life would ever get done! Fabulous post with some fantastic ideas to keep us all organised ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Melanie |

10. Sophie says:

I find to do lists really help! It’s hard to get into the habit of not writing it, but remembering that you wrote it and reflecting back on it. I’m with you on the procrastination, 5 minutes is usually closer to 5 hours then it’s too late to do what I wanted to do anyway…x

11. Emily says:

Loving this post! I always forget to make to-do lists, but I know they make me more focused and productive! I really need to find some nice stickers and tape so that I will use my bullet journal more ๐Ÿ™‚ x

Emily |

12. Hayley Beth says:

This is brilliant! I’m trying to add the tasks I need to do to my weekly calendar and if I don’t get something done I always try and fit it into another day!

13. Roxanne says:

Loved this post, everything you said is so true! I really need to start planning my blog content ahead more๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

• bbbryony says:

thanks lovely, I think sitting down a notepad and writing down what you want to post in what day helps even if you don’t end up sticking to it exactly x

14. Faisal says:

Great ideas. Totally get that checking Twitter can turn into two hours. You have got some great tips especially about the diary and planning ahead. Keep up the good work with your blog.

15. Eden says:

Loved this post! I agree with all these tips! Xx

16. These are great ways to get organised! I’ve been using a daily journal since the start of the year to plan my days out and write to do lists x

17. I love using planners! Theyre such a great way to stay organised! Great post x

18. Kara says:

Love love love the happiness planner. Still I need to get inserts for 2018. Yep that’s probably on my to do list! Already in February so is that okay? I really liked it. It made organising so fun to do.

I also agree with you. Making too many lists is a big daunting. Practical ones feel so much better!

Kara x

19. Katie May says:

I love writing to do lists, there’s just something so satisfying about ticking all those goals/jobs off!
    I definitely need to get myself a diary – and actually put it in my bag and use it! Good luck! X