THE NETWORKING APP TO MAKE GAL PALS

hey.jpg

I don’t know about you but I think I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve said I wish I had more blogger pals or just gal pals in general.

These days once you reach a certain age it seems to become a LOT more difficult to meet other girls; you no longer go to school or college where you naturally mix with others your age. Yes, you do go to work, however, we all know that’s not quite the same. You make friends but not the sort of friends you made in year 7,8 and 9 from turning to the new girl at the start of the year and saying ‘HEY, We should be Best Friends’, then the rest would become history. That technique worked a charm. In fact, the first girl I spoke to and became friends with on my first day in year 7 is still my Best Friend now. Those were the good ol’ days.

THE TWENTY EIGHTEEN WAY TO MAKE NEW GAL PALS

I’ve recently discovered a new app called ‘HEY! VINA’; the sole purpose of it is to allow you to connect with other girls that live fairly close to you. Sounds amazing, right?

Let me explain how it works:

• Once you’ve downloaded the app it’ll require you to sync it to your Facebook account, this will allow the app to gain necessary data such as your Name, Age, and Area (if you have these details on your Facebook profile)
  • The app then gives you the opportunity to do a few quizzes, some of the questions include ‘Do you prefer Tea or Wine?’, ‘Are you an introvert or extrovert’, just the basics that’ll then help match you to other like-minded pals.

bloghey.jpg

heyhey.jpg

• Next up is updating your profile, where there’s a section to select some of your interests, these range from Jet-setters to Happy Hour, Runners, Dog Owners and the most exciting one, BLOGGERS!
  • SELECTING WHO YOU WANT AS YOUR PAL. This bit is super easy, all you have to do is swipe left to say Nah our interests don’t aline or right to say ‘HEY GAL, YOU’RE FAB’.
  • If you both swipe right then you get to chat to each other to start a lovely friendship, the whole swiping system works just like Tinder, I just really didn’t want to use that word as trust me, it’s nothing like it.

I’ve only been using this app for roughly a week now and I’ve already spoken to a handful of lovely girls, it’s honestly fantastic!

HOW CAN WE MAKE OUR EXPERIENCE EVEN BETTER?

The more of us that get involved and download the app the more girls that’ll be on there, obviously meaning there are more new friends we’ll have the chance of making. I honestly believe this is something that EVERY GAL should try out, you’ve got nothing to lose by it!

HAVE YOU DOWNLOADED HEY! VINA YET?

15 responses to “THE NETWORKING APP TO MAKE GAL PALS”

1. Heather says:

This sounds like such a fab app to have if you’re looking for new pals! Might have a look at it myself, I rarely speak to anyone nowadays.

Heather xo | http://www.xhighlandbeauty.co.uk

2. Jessica says:

Just downloaded this and super excited to give it a go!! Thank you for sharing! x

Jessica // http://www.jessistrying.co.uk

3. Caroline says:

This sounds like an amazing app!

carriefi.co.uk

4. Hannah Marie says:

This app looks like so much fun! I’ve been looking into fun apps like this in order to connect with fellow creatives (i.e. bloggers, YouTubers, writers, etc…) This one & Bleet look like good ones! Thanks for sharing, love! <3 xx

• bbbryony says:

I’m looking forward to trying out Bleet, it sounds so good. I don’t think it’s been released yet though x

5. Lucy Cole says:

Definitely going to check this out, sounds like such a fab idea. xx

Lucy | http://www.lucy-cole.co.uk

6. Oooh this sounds like a great app – I’ll have a look at it tomorrow 100%!! To be honest, I still am at school hahah so I do have all my lovely friends there, but this does sound like a fab way to make more blogger friends.

Lexie x

That looks like a really cool app!x

8. Libby-Jade says:

I’ve been thinking to myself lately how much I need a ‘tindr’ but for friends since all of mine are at university- such a coincidence this post popped up on my timeline! Might have a look into it x
    constantlylibby.blogspot.co.uk

9. Amy says:

This sounds amazing! I feel like most bloggers are down south so I’m definitely going to download this!

Amy x

10. Beka says:

That’s such a sweet app idea, I’m definitely going to check it out! Hopefully there are other people near me using it haha!

11. This sounds bloody brilliant! As I work from home and no longer being in education, I literally meet no one most of the time so this sounds like something I would absolutely love. I deleted facebook a few years ago, could be worth getting it back for this! x

Sophie

12. Jade says:

This sounds like such an amazing app! Definitely going to have to look into it as one of my goals this year is to be more social 🙊 xx

Jade | jademarie.co.uk

13. That sounds like a great app! I’m also of those that would love to have more blogging friends ^^ but I live in France now so don’t think this app will help me unfortunately 🙁

Perrine