I don’t know about you but I think I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve said I wish I had more blogger pals or just gal pals in general.
These days once you reach a certain age it seems to become a LOT more difficult to meet other girls; you no longer go to school or college where you naturally mix with others your age. Yes, you do go to work, however, we all know that’s not quite the same. You make friends but not the sort of friends you made in year 7,8 and 9 from turning to the new girl at the start of the year and saying ‘HEY, We should be Best Friends’, then the rest would become history. That technique worked a charm. In fact, the first girl I spoke to and became friends with on my first day in year 7 is still my Best Friend now. Those were the good ol’ days.
THE TWENTY EIGHTEEN WAY TO MAKE NEW GAL PALS
I’ve recently discovered a new app called ‘HEY! VINA’; the sole purpose of it is to allow you to connect with other girls that live fairly close to you. Sounds amazing, right?
Let me explain how it works:
- Once you’ve downloaded the app it’ll require you to sync it to your Facebook account, this will allow the app to gain necessary data such as your Name, Age, and Area (if you have these details on your Facebook profile)
- The app then gives you the opportunity to do a few quizzes, some of the questions include ‘Do you prefer Tea or Wine?’, ‘Are you an introvert or extrovert’, just the basics that’ll then help match you to other like-minded pals.
- Next up is updating your profile, where there’s a section to select some of your interests, these range from Jet-setters to Happy Hour, Runners, Dog Owners and the most exciting one, BLOGGERS!
- SELECTING WHO YOU WANT AS YOUR PAL. This bit is super easy, all you have to do is swipe left to say Nah our interests don’t aline or right to say ‘HEY GAL, YOU’RE FAB’.
- If you both swipe right then you get to chat to each other to start a lovely friendship, the whole swiping system works just like Tinder, I just really didn’t want to use that word as trust me, it’s nothing like it.
I’ve only been using this app for roughly a week now and I’ve already spoken to a handful of lovely girls, it’s honestly fantastic!
HOW CAN WE MAKE OUR EXPERIENCE EVEN BETTER?
The more of us that get involved and download the app the more girls that’ll be on there, obviously meaning there are more new friends we’ll have the chance of making. I honestly believe this is something that EVERY GAL should try out, you’ve got nothing to lose by it!
HAVE YOU DOWNLOADED HEY! VINA YET?