I think all of us at points take the little extra luxuries in life for granted. We don’t think about how lucky we are to have these things on a daily basis, we always have our home comforts to make us feel that little bit better and cosier after a long hard day. I don’t know about you but even when I go camping I pack so many extras that my boyfriend will turn and look at me being like ‘do you really need all that?’, I’ll stand there with my extra bag filled with make-up, tea bags, hair straighteners being like ‘nope, but I’m taking it anyway’. I thought I would share with you all the little extra’s I take for granted every now and then and don’t know how I would get by without.
- TEA (and the kettle of course) – y’know the saying a cuppa tea makes everything better, that’s defiantly the case for me, I’ll have one in the morning, after a long day and in the evening to relax with. It’s pretty much an essential part of my daily routine now.
2.HAIR STRAIGHTENERS – I think I overuse my pair as it is, I can’t seem to go a single day without straightening my hair, even if it is just my fringe.
3. WARM SHOWERS – This one seems like it would be a given in most places but have you ever been camping and had freezing cold water? I sure have and it’s not a nice experience, all I was thinking about during my stay was how excited I was to get home and have a hot shower and a relaxing bath!
4. MAKE-UP – I really do find it difficult to leave the house these days without any makeup on, even if all I do is my brows and a lil concealer.
5. MUSIC – I listen to music whenever I’m writing, getting ready, chilling, travelling, walking somewhere, the list goes on and on; without it, life would be so bland.
6. INTERNET – The number of hours I spend on the internet some days is a little ridiculous! I always seem to be glued to it on my phone for around half an hour when I wake up and maybe even an hour before I go to sleep.
7. A COMFY MATTRESS – A good day always starts with a sound sleep the night before. If I can feel the springs of the mattress in my back I’ll toss and turn for hours before falling asleep, not what you want.
8. DRESSING GOWN – There’s nothing better than getting out of a hot bath and putting on the fluffiest dressing gown, it sets the perfect tone for a relaxing evening, relieving the stresses.
9. COSY JUMPERS – after a long day which ends with me feeling a little sleepy there’s nothing more I want to do when I get home than put on comfy clothes. This includes the fluffiest jumper or the most oversized one, y’know one of the ones that give off the vibe of I’m going to sit here drinking tea, chilling and not move for the rest of the evening.
What would be your favourite home comforts you wouldn’t want to go without?