IS MY INSTAGRAM ‘BLOGGER’ ENOUGH?

bbb.jpg

We all love to post a photograph on Instagram as much as the next person but we all the have days where we feel like our account isn’t good enough. That’s been me recently. I feel like my account isn’t exciting enough, maybe the images aren’t high enough quality, ‘are they so boring people will get bored of my account?’. First world blogger problems, I know.

I compare myself to others a fair amount, even though I know I shouldn’t; for example, the queen of outfits photo’s miss Maria J (she’s the absolute best). I feel like I need to post certain things to my account to draw attention however what’s the point in posting something if it’s not you and you don’t love the image. I adore fashion accounts where you get to see what girls wear with their pink denim jackets and new red boots however that isn’t quite me and I can’t give off the impression it is. I love shopping as much as the next girl but I don’t go and buy a new outfit every weekend, I buy a few new items a month if that; I’m a jeans and t-shirt gal who’s trying to get a little more experimental, slowly. Hence why you’ll see a few outfit pictures of me every now and then on Instagram, it’s real, I’m keeping it real, I’m a lifestyle bloggers who like to post outfits every now and then and there’s nothing wrong with that.

I want to maintain my personality through my Instagram, what you see is what you get, I’m not pretending to have a fancy life because of I sure as hell don’t. I worry that because I don’t post an exciting image every day my account isn’t ‘blogger enough’. I need to ditch that mindset. I’m a blogger because I post entries on my ‘blog’ and nothing can change that, Instagram doesn’t make a difference to that.

I’ve been receiving some Instagram story tags recently, y’know the templates that are all the craze at the moment asking questions like ‘who’s your fav blogger’. I’m shocked that anyone would say they ‘love’ my account or even think my pictures are of a high quality, it’s a little breathtaking hearing that. It’s reassuring. It reminds me that I can, in fact, be myself, I can post what I like when I want to post it; going even further than that I don’t have to have a theme if I don’t want one. They’re so damn hard to keep up with and I know for a fact I don’t follow other accounts for a theme, I want to get to know them, their lifestyle, what they’re up to, all that kind of inner gossip.

I want to continue enjoying using Instagram, I want it to be a positive platform that runs alongside my blog; a place full of happy bright images that help people learn a lil more about me. I want to feel free to create what I want on there, I don’t want to be stuck to a genre, I don’t want to feel like I can’t post an image that was taken on my iPhone SE as the quality isn’t good enough. I’m going to be myself and be carefree; I might try to do longer photo captions too so you can read a little more about how my day is going and anything interesting I might have been up to.

12 responses to “IS MY INSTAGRAM ‘BLOGGER’ ENOUGH?”

Really like the idea of you starting to do longer insta captions!

2. Michelle says:

Authenticity is going to capture my attention over the shiny, perfect pictures meant to sell us something. Yes the professionals take gorgeous photos, and I won’t detract from the time, effort, and talent that goes into doing that, but if they are doing it to sell me something it’s not going to have as much meaning to me as someone trying to share a genuine thought or emotion.

3. Don’t think I follow you in instagram. What’s your account called? Really enjoyable post x

4. Katie says:

Yes! I love longer captions, it’s so nice having something to read and story behind the post. It suddenly becomes so much more meaningful, rather than just a cute outfit photo, or a picture of a coffee!
    I’ve been focusing on creating a theme for my instagram recently, I love the way it looks and it’s not too restrictive that I can’t post pictures I love. But now I’m stuck whether to delete the old content or just start moving on to the new stuff!

• bbbryony says:

yeah I agree, I love knowing a little more behind the picture that someone has posted. Keep your old pictures for sure, I still have pictures from when I was 16 on my account, it a great place to just keep pics and look back at them x

5. Katy says:

I love seeing your ista posts and im excited to see when you do longer captions!

6. BABE. Don’t change one bloody thing. YOU are YOU and not anyone else and it should look how YOU want and feel.
    I’ve noticed an accidental blue theme in most of my pictures but mostly because of the background I use and how warm and vibrant I like my pictures!

7. Lauren Bate says:

I feel the same way (again lol) I want my instagram to look nice and finished but it also makes me feel trapped. I compare my theme my outfit my hair EVERYTHING to popular Instagrammers. But, I remember they have big sponsors and camera crew, whereas here I am with my instagram boyfriend and an iPhone haha! I love reading longer photo captions, they keep me on the photo longer and give an idea of what is going on xx