Flash back to the times before 3G and tablets, how did we cope, eh?
1. Everything Groovy Chick, she was your absolute babe so your room had to be plastered in everything related to her! There were wall stickers, bins, lampshades, posters, bedding sets, rugs and you name it, a whole lot more.
2. Loads of beanies babies that laid across the side of your bed, leaving little space for you. Their fate was only to fall down the side of your bed in the night and then be found 2 years later covered in dust, ew.
3. A WALKMAN, that held REAL CD’S and you could listen to on the go, WOW!
4. A massive whiteboard that your dad had found cheap online because you wanted to pretend to be a teacher.
5. A bed frame that was totally covered in magazine stickers because where else would you put your freebie stickers that you get in your girly mags.
6. A dance mat that you’d connect up to your ancient tv so you could jump around pretending you’re part of the spice girls.
7. 213 Gel pens with about 150 of them being lost somewhere in the house because you never put them back in the packaging. BUT, if you had the shiny metallic ones you were one of the coolest kids in your class, with everyone wanting to borrow them.
8. A play-station one with a handful of Sypro the dragon games, you’d always end up giving up on the one where you have to collect the eggs as you couldn’t fly to the high places. pls tell me you’re following on this one, little Spyro was a HUGE part of my childhood, if not you were missing out!
9. A CD player so you could listen to that Avril Lavigne Single that your Grandad bought you from Woolworth’s.
10. Lots of Original Disney characters (mine where Winnie The Pooh) that you were bought from the Disney store one Christmas, only for them to end up in the loft a few years later.
11. Glow in the dark stars that you’d stick on the ceiling for the more arty lighting effect; not knowing at the time they’re going to take hours to peel off when you’re fed up with them.
12.My first TV which has a VIDEO-PLAYER (VHS) built in, whoa!
13. A groovy typewriter from Argos so you could write letters to your friends and pretend that one day you’ll be a published author.
14. A dressing table with a build in mirror so you could sit there putting on all your kiddie make-up. I’m not going to lie I wouldn’t be surprised if more make-up ended up on the floor and the table than my face, bless little me, she tried her best!
I’d love to hear if you had any of these in your bedroom too when you were little!