TRANSITIONING MY WARDROBE FOR AUTUMN

It’s coming to the time of year where our summer is ending and the hot sunny days are getting shorter and more sparse, I’m sad about this as I never wanted out little UK heatwave to end. (fingers crossed there will be an odd few hot days in September)

It’s the time where we have to put our favourite denim shorts to the back of our wardrobe for the following year, fold away our thin vest tops as there is no way you could wear them without a jumper. It’s not all negatives though; it allows us to pull out some of the previous years’ knitted jumpers and cozy clothes as well as styling certain outfits differently to suit the cooler weather.

Here’s an outfit I’m going to be rocking a lot this coming season:

I don’t know if you’ve noticed but I’m really not a dress person, it’s the last thing you would find me wearing. However, a pinafore is an item of clothing I totally adore; I think this is due to the fact you can dress them up or down as much as you please. This means I don’t have to be super girly with a flared dress and sandals, I can still be me and put my own twist on it.

One of my favourite ways to wear a pinafore is with a cute little slogan tee, black tights, and my vans/converse; that way I can still have the pop-punk edge in there. I also have the option to be slightly more summery if the weather warms up by taking off the tights, it’s an outfit for all weathers, one I can wear all year round.

It’s a style I’ll be wearing lots throughout this autumn, plus I think it would look super cute with a teddy coat! (which I cannot wait to get back out and rocking again)

Here I’m wearing:

The Charlie Horn button cord pinafore dress in light Pink from Boohoo – £22.00

Topshop ‘New York’ Slogan Tee (I don’t think this item is sold anymore however here is a very similar one that is of Paris) –  £12.00.

I’ve paired this with my trusty black vans, of course. £60.00

(all of the items I’m wearing are linked)

I’ve also found that Primark is doing lots of cute pinafore’s for cheap prices at the moment; it’s definitely worth checking their range out!

What are your favourite items to wear at the moment?

*The Pink pinafore in this post was kindly gifted by Boohoo, however, all the opinions were my own

27 responses to “TRANSITIONING MY WARDROBE FOR AUTUMN”

1. sharnah says:

You look adorable! I have recently got a pinafore from Primark, you are right they have been doing some nice ones! I now really want a baby pink one though! Think I might have to get one! xx

2. Jenny says:

This outfit is so cute!

3. Chloe Grant says:

I love that pink pinafore, I’m in love!!

4. Alice says:

Autumn is my absolutely favourite season for fashion, the colours and prints are the best and I love that all the cord and velvet comes out again, too! Totally agree about the diversity of pinafores, you can make them girly with a spotty long sleeved t-shirt or can shove a band tee on underneath them too! Super cute outfit, girl!
    Alice Xx

5. Omg that pinafore is so cute!! I must get one! I always see them in primark but I’m worried I might not be able to pull it off but I think I’m just going to go for it!
    You look amazing!

6. Viola says:

I love this T-shirt with skyline! Need one now! 😊

7. Awww this pink dress is so cute! P.s your hair is bomb x

8. Sophie says:

Love your outfit, the pinafore is super cute. I have been loving slogan tees recently but I hadn’t thought of pairing one with a pinafore. Also you can’t go wrong with a trusty pair of Vans. I’ve just had to buy a new pair as my old ones were trashed.

9. Really like the hue of the photos in this post! And totally with you on dresses. Pinafores and also rompers are definitely my favorite to wear.
    | RogueCouture.weebly.com |

10. Nancy says:

The best thing about seasons is the fact that we can change our wardrobe around. Love the transitions you’ve made. Love how your outfit looks!

Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

11. Shayla says:

I absolutely adore your style. So cute flirty and fun. I’m looking forward to switching my wardrobe over as well fall fashion is my favorite.

12. Jess says:

This outfit is so cute! I love pinafores too but I struggle to get ones which are long enough because I’m so tall 🙁 I’m currently looking for a mustard colour pinafore so I’ll keep checking Primark in the hopes they get some in soon!

Jess // foundationsandfairytales.wordpress.com
    xx

13. Lucy Cole says:

I love a good pinafore! I recently got one from primark and I know I’ll be pairing it with a black high neck when it gets cooler!

Lucy | http://www.lucy-cole.co.uk

14. Ilinca Longo says:

Love your outfit! For me, autumn is all about layering, so this is such a great idea, which I’ll definitely be using!

15. Chloe says:

I’m so obsessed with that pinafore, I’ve been oogling over it, ever since you posted on your social medias on it!!