WHAT I’VE BEEN WATCHING ON NETFLIX

Since the weather has been totally rubbish the last few weekends with storm Dennis and Ciara it’s left me with no reason to go outside.

So, of course, I did what of all of brits would do in this scenario, turn to Netflix and binge-watch a few series.

I found some I loved and some that I was a little bit disappointed with, if I can’t get into it within an episode it’s being sacked off. I really don’t have the biggest attention span.

Stranger Things

It had taken me a while to get round to starting season 3, everyone else had finished it and raved about it 4 months ago. Better late to the party than never!

We started the series on a Saturday afternoon, 7 episodes later, many cups of teas and a few toilet breaks later Lew and I had decided it was the best series yet. Without giving away any spoilers, it was great to see the evolution of new characters such as Robin and Max as they helped kick the ass of the latest Demogorgon. Like the other seasons, if left us on a cliff hanger, ‘what’s happened to Hopper?’, ‘Has he turned to dust?’. I’m so ready for all my questions to be answered in the next series, bring it on!

Safe

If you take anything from this post please go and watch an episode of Safe, it’s the best new Netflix series I have seen in ages. It grips you from the first episode, making you stay up until 2am to find out the ending. The basic plotline is that a teen girl called Jenny who lives with her younger sister and dad goes missing along with her boyfriend that’s a few years older than her. They live in a gated community so everyone that goes in and out is tracked so it’s very unusual for something like this to occur in the area. Watch the police undergo their investigation to find them, but does Jenny’s dad think they are doing all they can?

Pretty Little Liars

This is an all-time favourite of mine, a series where I feel deeply connected to all of the characters, as odd as that sounds. Even though I’m watching the series for the second time I haven’t seen some of the episodes since I was fifteen so the next twist is a mystery to me.

Criminal

This series takes place within a police interview suite where the officers battle against the suspect to get the upper hand. After watching the first episode I was gripped to see what happened next, only to find the next episode covered a different suspect for a totally different crime. I was a little disappointed at this as I like a series where I can follow the plot episode after episode however if you like shorter storylines this could be a crime series for you.

Cold Case Files

There are different versions of this show on Netflix however they’re all documentaries on old case files that were never solved. Several years later detectives go back over the cases to see if they can find any missing evidence to solve the case, it’s a gripping real-life documentary for a true-crime viewer.

What have you been watching on Netflix?

1. March 1, 2020 / 1:53 pm

I love reading what people have been watching on netflix!! I have the strangest netflix taste so I’ve finally got caught up on money heist and I’ve just started “I am not okay with this” but I’m eagerly anticipating the return of Elitè in a few weeks

• bbbryony
      Author
      March 1, 2020 / 6:43 pm

I’ve started I am not okay with this this evening and I’m really getting into it x

2. March 1, 2020 / 2:29 pm

I’ve never heard of Criminal! Maybe I should add it to my list!

3. March 1, 2020 / 3:47 pm

I watched PLL last year and was sooooo hooked! I legit couldn’t stop watching (And I never watch Netflix unless it’s for Friends)

Great post Bryony

4. Sarah
    March 1, 2020 / 5:02 pm

I used to be OBSESSED with PLL and it’s been while since I’ve delved back in. Not on Netflix but on amazon prime I’ve been loving The Bold Type 🙂

5. March 1, 2020 / 5:13 pm

I’ve been watching a show on Netflix called Itaewon class, it’s a k-drama and it’s awesome.

6. March 1, 2020 / 5:49 pm

We are TOTALLY hooked on Stranger Things over here! My husband and I both can’t get enough of it… It’s one of those shows that we each avoid watching if we’re home alone so that we can curl up and watch it together lol

7. March 1, 2020 / 6:16 pm

I enjoy crime shows (true crime and fictional both.) But lately I’ve been into either scifi or nature programs. I love stranger things and have recently gotten into The Witcher, siren and supernatural.

8. March 1, 2020 / 6:28 pm

Love your list! I am watching Safe too, currently in the last episode! It has been a pretty intriguing show. Thanks for sharing, love your blog and everything pop punk too (: https://angiewaves.com/

9. March 1, 2020 / 6:32 pm

I loved pretty little liars! I watched it as it was still airing but I’d love to binge watch it again!
    -Kyra

10. Holly
    March 1, 2020 / 6:42 pm

I may need to watch some of these since I’m off work for a couple of days. I highly recommend The Stranger and Love is Blind, absolutely amazing. Love is Blind is a reality real life show!

Holly x

• bbbryony
      Author
      March 1, 2020 / 6:42 pm

I’ve just finished watching the stranger this evening, it’s so good! I’ve heard of love is blind x

11. March 1, 2020 / 6:55 pm

My bestie has been trying to get me to watch Stranger Things for ages but I just haven’t gotten around to it! I do feel like I need to get on the hype of it soon, though. I’ve recently finished The Stranger and Love Is Blind! The Stranger was brilliant albeit a bit odd but super gripping. I watched the whole thing in a day!
    Alice Xx

12. March 1, 2020 / 7:51 pm

I’ve been eyeing up the cold case shows and might give them a look soon. I’ve not watched anything new these last few weeks as I’ve been super stressed and not at all in the mindset to watch anything new. So for me it’s been rewatching old nailed it episodes, monthy python episodes and kitchen nightmare episodes.
    It can be nice rewatching old episodes sometimes as you can just let your brain turn off as you know what will happen.

13. March 1, 2020 / 8:01 pm

Oh my gosh I absolutely love Stranger Things and I’m so glad that you watched it – and it’s probably better that you left it a few months before watching it. I agree, it really is the best series!

14. March 1, 2020 / 8:33 pm

Oh wow, some great suggestions on the list – Safe is one we just started! Glad to hear it is so recommended – the same write made the Netflix show The Stranger, which so far, has been EVEN BETTER than Safe. You should totally check it out.

15. March 1, 2020 / 8:38 pm

I’ve been watching Sabrina recently. I keep hearing I need to watch The Stranger so that’s next on my list. I love things like cold case documentaries too, they’re so interesting x

Sophie

16. March 1, 2020 / 9:30 pm

Oooh! I binge-watched Stranger Things a few months ago and the show was pretty interesting!! Oooh!! I need to check out PLL. I hear so many great things about it. I used to watch a lot of criminal shows – pretty interesting to learn the perspectives of both sides! I’ve been watching Better Watch Saul. The whole Breaking Bad series is so interesting – even more that they have spinoffs!

Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

17. March 2, 2020 / 4:07 pm

I keep seeing Safe pop up on trending, but have never got round to watching it. From your description, it sounds exactly like my kinda thing! My latest binges have been The Stranger and Love Is Blind, both totally different but addictive in their own ways! Thanks for sharing your recommendations Bryony! <3 xx

Bexa | http://www.hellobexa.com

18. March 2, 2020 / 4:36 pm

I really enjoyed Safe. And Stranger Things is OBVIOUSLY a fave. We’ve just finished The Witcher (SO GOOD) and I’m currently watching I’m Not Okay With This which is soooo good!

19. March 2, 2020 / 5:04 pm

I loved this post! I watched Safe last year and it was a favourite of mine too 😊 PLL is the best 🙏🏻

20. March 2, 2020 / 5:53 pm

I love stranger things and safe!! Both are so good | lanalikes.com

21. March 2, 2020 / 7:25 pm

I love posts like this as I’m always looking for new shows to try on Netflix. PLL and Stranger Things are two of my favourites! I’ve just finished binge rewatching PLL. I haven’t started The Either yet but it’s next on my list.

22. March 2, 2020 / 7:42 pm

I love nearly all of these! Cold case files are so interesting – I could watch them all day! X

23. March 2, 2020 / 8:02 pm

I still need to watch the last season of Stranger Things! I loved the other seasons but never had time to watch the last one and then I totally forgot until I read this post, haha! I love Spinning Out on Netflix at the moment x

24. March 2, 2020 / 10:32 pm

I’m currently watching Safe with my boyfriend and I can’t wait to watch the end! Criminal sounded good until you said they change the case with every episode, I’m like you and like following something along xx

Hannah | https://luxuryblush.co.uk/

25. Charity
    March 2, 2020 / 11:28 pm

I love seeing what others are watching on Netflix. It gives me ideas on what my next binge watching spree should be!

26. March 3, 2020 / 8:32 am

I haven’t actually been on netflix for a little while, but I’ve been looking for something new to watch. I really like the sound of Safe, I’m going to have to add that to my list 😊 and Pretty Little Liars is a show that I’ve wanted to watch for AGES!

I did try watching Stranger Things but just couldn’t get into it. My boyfriend loves it though.

I’ll be having a look through netflix when I get home now 😊

27. March 3, 2020 / 10:21 am

I’ve watched all of these apart from Cold Case Files, I love all of those shows so much! I’m adding the last one to my list now x

28. March 3, 2020 / 9:59 pm

I have watched safe, pretty little liars too. I still haven’t watched the last season of Stranger Things I need to get on with that ha ha!

29. March 5, 2020 / 2:29 pm

I have to watch Safe. It sounds really good!!

30. March 8, 2020 / 4:36 pm

Pretty little liars is fab but I couldn’t get into stranger things, might have to give it a go again though as it seems like its all everyone ever talks about!

Safe sounds amazing and right up my street! have just added it to my watch list so I don’t forget about it